Monday, January 11, 2010

The focus of the Season

This semester is going to be very cool, but i anticipate it to be possibly/probably challenging. My life is going to be extremely focused for the next couple of months--3 major areas of my life will be centered around working with youth: my work (at the 'field Zone), my school (pre-student teaching), and at church (with the youth). I don't think my life has ever been this focused. It's pretty much youth and worship right now. The Lord hasn't really allowed there to be any room for focus on anything else right now--it's kind of crazy. Even though I've tried to pull things into it, they actually never came into fruition, and i was really frustrated as to why they weren't working...

...until I realized the focus of the season. There is some really intense stuff being put in front of me, and it's going to be awesome. Anything extra would really just be a distraction, and would hinder me not only in these areas of worship and youth ministry, but also hinder me in my ability to hold whatever-it-is up as well.

Let's face it. I've always had a huge desire for...well, ultimately a wife. I've spent years trying to put stuff together, to create the circumstance and relationship that would allow this desire to be fulfilled... and I've done a pretty bad job at it. The Lord has been clear--for MONTHS--that finding a spouse is NOT my focus right now, and I've actually gotten to the point where I believe him. It's kind of strange, to be honest. It changes behavior, it changes the grid of importance.

This has just been something stirring in me for the past few months, and it really began to bubble and boil in the last couple of weeks. Just pray for me in this season--it's gonna be a good one.