Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life through the eyes of a dead man.

Sometimes I can feel crushed under the weight of my life. Emotions, stress, school, relationships, responsibility, energy--it can all be pretty intense, and when you are feeling the weight of those things.... well, it feels pretty lame and sucky. You feel tired. There's no peace. Even sleep doesn't do the job. It's awful! I've been there before!

But recently I encountered a situation that had previously been a 'crushing' experience--one that it would be very difficult for me to encounter without feeling some sort of emotional/physical turmoil. I even started to spend some time that night laying in bed, just thinking about this situation...you know what i mean. Just thinking. No resolution, no helpful progression of thought, just immobile thinking. Lame! That keeps you up half the night!

But Christ began to show me how I was viewing this particular situation. My view was from my perspective--viewed through emotion, position, etc. Very limited in scope. He then asked me to look with Him at these things going on. It was like I was trying to look at something a mile or two away while standing in the forest. I could maybe see what it looks like and make decisions off of that, but Christ was desiring to take me up into a tower, an airplane, a satellite to show me that particular thing I was looking at.

When you're looking with Christ at something, your perspective changes. Completely. You see it from a different angle. "Ohhhhhhhh!" you say. You might see things surrounding it that you didn't before. "I didn't even see that there!" You actually see where YOU are in relation to that. "Huh! I prolly don't even need to worry about this right now!" Seeing things with Christ is absolutely wonderful!

So, after spending some time awake, sifting through immobile thinking, Christ actually wanted to take me to this place of looking with him. When I did, things just clicked into place. Where I had been unable to come up with a way to deal with this situation, Christ revealed the way. Where I was unsure about my position, Christ gave me peace. I was able to go back to the same exact situation the next day, totally convinced of my place in Him, and encounter it in a completely different way--a way not based what I see with me, but what I see with Christ.

This is for life. We're one with Christ. This is who we are now. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

'My viewpoint' is actually from a dead man's eyes. But Christ is actually giving me life, and giving me sight to see the things around me, and beyond the scope of what Zach can see alone. Praise Jesus.

3 comments:

Mikey said...

SWEET.

This is for life!

Anonymous said...

holla!

cari sue said...

this is so good you should write blogs more often